I've been amazed at how powerful thematic thinking could be. To me, theme was always a nebulous term, something I searched for (or made up) in high school literature classes, trying to place meaning into a story that I didn't necessarily think had meaning. But now I've changed my mind completely. Theme is a powerful, provocative tool. Now don't get me wrong. If used incorrectly, too heavy-handed, didactic or pedantic, it will kill your story, slog it down with verbiage and your strong desire to "make a message." But used correctly, it can enhance your story, elevate it, give it substance or as Stephen King calls it, resonance. Here's how theme can benefit your story: 1) Once you've identified your theme, which you'll usually find in the changes (or lack of changes) in your major character or characters throughout your novel, it gives you a powerful focus for your revision. My story is about a scientific/medical experiment, a cool one at that, but m...
I have to say, my mind has been completely blown away! Since Deadly Vision came out, I've been watching the Amazon rankings, wondering, hoping, that one day I'd break into the top 100 for Medical Thrillers. I came close a couple times, up to #125, but the rankings would go up and down. I checked today. The novel crashed into the Top 100, landing at #83 for the paperback version, and the audio book has premiered at #16 on the list for Medical/Forensic Thriller! It also ranked #44 in Political Fiction and #52 in Medical Fiction. Wow!!! Thank you all so much. I really hope you enjoy this little tale of one man's quest for redemption, forgiveness and love, amidst the mire of political machinations, espionage, madness, and murder. Thank you again, sincerely.
⭐️ Book Review: *Deadly Vision* by T.D. Severin A heart-racing medical thriller packed with tech, tension, and terrifying visions Rating: 5/5 artificial arteries --- 🧠 What's It About? Imagine Grey’s Anatomy , Black Mirror , and House of Cards had a high-adrenaline baby. That’s Deadly Vision . This is a medical thriller with a capital T for technology—and terror. In just ten days (plus two killer epilogues), we’re thrown into a world of cutting-edge science, political scheming, and mind-bending hallucinations that blur the line between reality and sabotage. Dr. Taylor Abrahms is at the center of it all—a brilliant surgeon piloting a breakthrough technology: virtual reality-assisted heart surgery. But when a patient arrives with disturbing injuries and even more disturbing secrets, Taylor finds himself entangled in a deadly conspiracy. As the bodies start piling up and hallucinations creep into his every move, Taylor realizes this is more than just a tech g...
Comments
Post a Comment